Aug 9, 2009

Reflections of an Ex-Blogger

I want to start blogging regularly again. I quit my Facebook account for good, deciding to spend more time procrastinating productively by writing here. It seems many have departed from the blogosphere and I'm wondering where they have gone to. Perhaps the FB vortex has sucked them in. Either way, I want to keep writing here, not necessarily for building community (as I once did), but for keeping the writing going, like an online journal of sorts. Time away from blogging made me realize how much I missed it. I once wrote for an audience, for my community of bloggers, for anyone who cared to read what I had to share, but now, I'm writing for me. This is a space for me to devote time to my words, to what is in my head, to my creativity, to my nerdery, to my politics. And if anyone cares to read, I welcome them openly.

3 Comments:

Blogger viga said...

fbook is almost the most non-productive procrastination time one can spend. if you write/post photography or pics of paintings, the damn company owns copyright!! that's why i'm beginning to think that blogging time and non-computer creativity might be the way to go. looking forward to reading your posts, PQ.

2:27 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

the copyright stuff is so messed up with FB. so happy you have a blog now. :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Blue Grumpster said...

I'm not a fan of FB. I know that probably makes me sound like someone from outer space, but it just isn't my thing. 'Here I am world, look at me.' Bloggers at least put some effort into writing an interesting post.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.