Aug 10, 2009

Permanence

We held a seance listening to Slum V's Trinity album. Talked about Zappa (your favorite) and Brian Wilson (your other favorite). Watched Dwele's self-made youtube video, while you watched me bug out. We discussed the importance of "banality." And did interpretive dances to the most slept on Beach Boys album, Friends. We talked about 90's hip hop, as we always do. And you made me listen to new music by your alter ego, the 90's rapper extraordinaire/Lyrical Furnace. I smoked your shitty Dumaurier cigarettes and sipped cold coffee while commenting on the juxapotision of the Corn Flakes and can of Raid on top of your refrigerator. I laughed at your usage of words like "rapprehension" all the while thinking you are one of the most brilliant people I have come to know and love over the last 17 years.

Thank you for being so perceptive, for feeling my energy shifts, for being so attentive without me having to say anything. Thank you for always bringing music back into my life in a way no one can. Thank you for appreciating every moment we spend together, and for telling me so. And for believing in me and what I want to offer to the world.

Most of all, thank you for reminding me that passion is something to never ever compromise.


2 Comments:

Blogger Negin said...

Good to see you blogging again. I've fallen off but I think I'm going to get into it again. But also maybe differently. I'm thinking 1 character sketch a day or something that's an exercise, you know?

Miss you. N

10:23 AM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

whatever works...i think the important thing is to keep the writing flowing. i love your words. hope you keep writing.
miss you too ma.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.