Jul 18, 2009

Abstractions

you touch my face. it's strange how i don't flinch. instead, i let go, and feel every inch of my body sink into the mattress. for the first time in weeks, i am present. here. this moment wrapping itself around me in a familiar way. because i had seen you, many months ago, long before i knew you. i had seen you in my mind. not as an idea, not an image. you were much more; some kind of real/not real. so many times i saw you standing in front of me, the crease in your shirt, the ink on your forearms, your open palms. i move your hand away from my face, feel the ridges on your nails, touch each finger tip with mine. i trace the deep lines in your palm, and kiss it. i close my eyes, and i breathe. i am here. you are still here. lying next to me, smoothing my hair. i place my hand over yours, and I tell you to grab my hair.
pull hard,
love. i want to know you are real.

4 Comments:

Blogger @laura_luna said...

this really resonates with me, due to some past hurts/emotional traumas in my past I've become an 'ice queen' this post reminds me of my current partner who is trying to 'melt' my ice queen ness with love.

sometimes it's so hard to allow affection in even though you know it's the person you've been dreaming of and you see it manifested in real life

blessings
LL

6:50 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

thanks girl, for sharing. i felt vulnerable after I posted this entry. but i have to be honest about where i'm at. that's my commitment to my writing, and ultimately, myself.

much love.

PQ

8:11 PM  
Blogger viga said...

gorgeous, gorgeous. you capture the tactile qualities of desire and feeling in such a real way. more, please!

5:48 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

thanks viga. coming from you, it means a lot. xo

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.