Apr 6, 2009

Spoken Word

I am performing poetry tomorrow night at a Refugee Rights Day event. A blessing to share my words with others. This year I made a promise to myself to carry my lineage through sound, not just in writing. I want to flow the music of my ancestry, my history, and my present, in spoken word. There is a different kind of movement in sound. One that is necessary and integral not only to the creative process, but also to healing the spirit.

gift your poems with sound. That's what she told me. Word.

Tomorrow night is dedicated to you, ukhti.

3 Comments:

Blogger ahnka said...

wow. i really appreciate your approach to spoken word. gives me some things to think about.
enjoy your performance!

i love that the verification word for this comment is "mouth".

8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I find that reading poems aloud makes them come alive for me. Poems usually have to speak to me through sound. I hope your reading was wonderful and that you spread your sound into the world.

1:38 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

thanks for your comments. the reading went great. like i said, a blessing to share my words with people.

ahnka, i can't believe the verification word was "mouth"!!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.