Jan 29, 2009

Syncopated

been away from blogging. sorting through heaviness. shifting priorities.
been wanting movement. to pack my things and go. the rhythm become too familiar.
then i remembered what a friend said,
bring movement to where you at. No need to go elsewhere. word.
but what's movement without sore limbs?

words no longer bring comfort. i need touch. (the good kind)
he said, let's make this work. cuz we in sync, flaca.
but no poetry here. so I walked.
plenty of words. still no touch.
(the good kind, I mean)

been writing. to watch pen on paper.
holding on to it tight. this pen. this paper. these words.
for what
, she asks.
a different flow, I say.
for love.

but who will kiss my hands
hold my tired feet?
who will walk with me
touch me good love
me off beat?

3 Comments:

Blogger Fabiola said...

Oh my. Que bonito (so pretty). So you're a flaca too, huh?

I hear you . This is beautiful. The theme movement has been coming up quite a bit around bfp's blog and also in my mind for a couple of weeks now (body, different ways of writing, healthy relationship building, nourishment, love and self-love. So glad to see you writing whenever you do.

xoxo,

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jamilah Malika said...

next time i see you, foot rub's on me!

but seriously, lovely and thoughtly and vulnerable - thank you for sharing, it helps me be/do the same.

love

12:43 PM  
Blogger sophistiphunk said...

"but who will kiss my hands
hold my tired feet?
who will walk with me
touch me good love
me off beat?"
i haven't felt a piece of writing like this in a minute.
word.

s.s.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.