Jul 14, 2008

Random Check (part 2)

Once again, I was randomly chosen for a special security check at the SFO. They let me in through a different entrance and kept me in a glass cage, along with a blond haired white woman. She asked why I was in the cage. I told her I wasn't sure, maybe it had to do with my country of birth. She was in there because of an expired ID, and showed me her driver's license. We waited for a while. I was already feeling exhausted and emotional from leaving the Bay, and this situation wasn't helping any. Then a youngish man came over and opened the door, and led me to a machine I was already familiar with from last year's special security check. The "air valve" machine, where an intense gust of air, from a bunch of different valves, checked my body mass, to see if I'd been around "certain chemicals." I got through it and sat down while buddy checked my bags, thoroughly. He was nice enough. Asked if I was doing alright. I told him I was having deja vu. He smiled (knowingly) and said this was only random, that it was because I had a special ticket, that I was flying one-way. He asked if I felt better knowing that. I smiled and said no. Then I put my sparkling gold chrome sneakers back on, grabbed my stuff, and began walking towards the gate. All the while, trying to remind myself of all the reasons I loved traveling.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lenoxave said...

I can't stand airtravel and I despise the airlines and airports. Now that I've released the toxins, I'm looking forward to my trip home to NYC to visit the family.

I hope you enjoyed your time here in the Bay Area.

12:14 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

i love the bay! especially east bay! really it's incredible. have a good/safe trip to the east coast.

2:04 PM  
Blogger parami10 said...

random mic check, one two.

8:06 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

should've just posted suheir's performance of mic check instead of the bklyn one. it would've been more fitting with this blog entry!

i miss you homie! hope you busy writing.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.