Jun 4, 2008

Poets For Palestine

This is the first anthology to bring together poetry, hip hop, spoken word, and art to pay tribute to Palestine; included are: Mahmoud Darwish, Amiri Baraka, Suheir Hammad, Patricia Smith, Naomi Shihab Nye, D. H. Melhem, Nathalie Handal, Lisa Suhair Majaj, E. Ethelbert Miller, Tahani Salah, Ragtop from the Philistines, the N.O.M.A.D.S., Fawzia Afzal Khan, Annemarie Jacir, Ibtisam Barakat, Kathy Engel, Junichi P. Semitsu, and more.

Commemorating the 60th anniversary of the dispossession of the Palestinian people, this collection presents 48 poems and includes 31 powerful images created by Palestinian artists. As important, this anthology features an array of ethnically diverse voices who use their words to elevate the consciousness of humanity.

All proceeds from the book will go toward funding future cultural projects that highlight Arab artistry in the US. Visit the website for excerpts, sample art, and to pre-order a copy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, no. One more book I'll have to read. You are not helping me confront my book obsession! Thanks for letting me know about this. Poetry and Palestine. I have it on my list.

1:30 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

i know, me too. so many books! i have to keep my book habit in check. :)

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.