Apr 16, 2008

Junot Diaz

I had the pleasure of meeting Junot Diaz at a writer's workshop last year. Though I wasn't participating in his class, I got the chance to have some interesting conversations with him. I can definitely say I haven't met anyone quite like him. He is a brilliant writer and an endearing person to know. And he has just won the Pulitzer Prize for his novel, The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.

I want to big up Junot on getting some serious recognition for his incredible talent. If you haven't read his work, you most definitely should.

ps. to all you comic nerds, his short story, Wildwood (The New Yorker, November 18, 2007), was illustrated by none other than Jaime Hernandez (of Los Bros Hernandez).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.