Apr 27, 2008

Conversation in an Alley

[He watches her walk into the alley, carrying a red tulip, the same color as her dress. She walks steady. Each step deliberate. She sees him and smiles. He is relieved. She approaches him, and they sit cross-legged on the dirty pavement.]

Him: I've been searching for you. I didn't think I'd find you.

Her: I'm here. [She strokes his bearded face]

Him: I love you.

Her: There's more to life than love.

Him: How can you say that? You're here.

Her: That's irrelevant.

Him: I don't understand you.

Her: Do you want to be another floating body?

Him: What?

Her: Don't you want movement?

Him: I just wanted to find you.

Her: I've been here the whole time.

Him: But I couldn't see you until now.

Her: So how does that change things?

Him: I'm not sure.

Her: How can you not know, and be certain you love me?

Him: Why won't you just let me love you?

Her: Because you don't know what love is, until you start flying.

[She gets up, leaves the tulip next to him, and walks away.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamilah Malika said...

i love it... i love her strengh... i love his weakness...

and the red tulip, i love the red tulip...

i hope this is indicative of your own transition.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.