Aug 1, 2006

Ding Dong Reminders
or
Bleh, This is Gonna Sound So "New-Agey"
or
I Can't Stand the Celestine Prophecy But...

Have you ever noticed strange coincidences happening at certain transitional points in your life? When you are open to the changes in your life (and making them), open to endings, closures and new beginnings, open to the highs and lows, open to just being and not struggling against the flow, then you begin to notice certain happenings or reminders (or whatever you want to call them). These could be about lessons you need to learn, or simply a sign telling you you're on the right path and to keep doing what you're doing.

For the last couple of weeks, I keep being reminded of my first ex-dude from way back-in-the-day. Whether it's other people mentioning his name, or me taking the wrong turn and accidentally driving past his old place...he has entered my mind a few times. Funny enough, I don't have any feelings for this person, no anger or bitterness, no residual emotions, not even on a reminisce vibe, or a plutonic level, or even on a curious "I wonder how he's doing" tip. It's been way too long and too many other love affairs in between; he's just a "been there done that."

So, I'm trying to figure out why is he popping into my life at this point in time. What is the meaning of it? Is it just a case of strange reccuring coincidences? Or am I being reminded of something I need to deal with? Perhaps a lesson I need to learn? Or maybe I'm reading into things like I always do...

Anyway, whatever it is, I wish him well. Granted he was a "Ding Dong" (to use a friend's term), he meant well and loved me.

But as for all the recurring reminders of said Ding Dong,
I guess I'll just let them be and maybe i'll figure it out...
or then again, I could always call James Redfield and see what he's got to say...um, ya, NO.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe in what you're saying. I have also been going through a similar process, been waking up with a past lover on the mind. Random reminders, both good and bad of that Ding Dong. Since I, like it sounds you, correctly conclude its not that we have some unfinished business...I have to suggest- what if the ex is the one thats creating these feelings? What if, like when someone's talking abou you, your ears sometimes start to burn, what if they are popping up in our minds because they're busy with us on their minds?

things that make you go hummmm.
and then, make me scream (internally) stop it! leave me be!

lol.
maybe not you, but that's what I think.

in solidarity with love,
vero

3:26 AM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

that is so interesting vero, i didn't think about it that way! i agree that often times the energy people put out when thinking about us does in fact get to us...
this is where one needs to learn to block energies out...wooweee...that's a whole other thing to get into...but this is something I need to work on...focussing on inner peace and inner strength by blocking out other people's energies (i'm mainly referring to negative ones tho) - but this particualar case with the ex isn't negative at all...it's just, a little odd!

anyway, thanks for your comments!

12:38 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

lintil, yes I agree that these experiences shouldn't be seen as new-agey...i was mainly being facetious with the titles of the blog entry (and also making fun of the celestine prophecy, which is part of a larger phenomena of Fastfood Philosophies)
It's true that all the new agey ideas are basically based on age old philosphies from around the world...
that's a whole other blog entry one should get into...the appropriation of these philosophies, etc.

the concept of non-action is beautiful and exactly where I feel i'm at right now. Thanks for breaking it down...i'm interested to read more on this now!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Fabiola said...

I will go with this PQ

"Or maybe I'm reading into things like I always do."

The practical in me says it is a strange recurring coincidence. And then again the overanalytical also believes that you're being "reminded of something you need to deal with? Perhaps a lesson you need to learn?"

Somewhere in between. The human mind, conciousness, awakening is too complex and like you already suggested just let those thoughts be and you'll figure it out.

So you know the answer just supporting you and agreeing that yes I get those thoughts all of the time.

2:50 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

somewhere in between, yup Fab, that's where i'm at with it too :)
just trying not to overanalyze...letting things be...it's tough tho!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Abdul-Halim V. said...

thanks for sharing...

I'm feeling a bit new age-y myself these days. i recently had lunch with a friend and a friend of a friend and they were into a course in miracles, rudolf steiner, anthroposophy and some other stuff.

anyway.. I read the Celestine PRophecy a while back and liked it. Not that it was superdeep, but it was enjoyable.. candy for the heart i guess. but around the same time i was reading that i read The Alchemist which is a lot better. Also deals with coincidences and omens and why things happen the way they do.. it's more of a fable though.

6:55 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

oooh, the Alchemist is a book that I LOVED when I read it way back...it really hit me at a time when I needed to read something like that....it's a beautiful story...

i also liked the celestine prophecy when I read it a long time ago...I was younger and it was as you said it so well, candy for the heart.
I think I should read both books again now and see what I think.

i guess for me, the whole "new agey" things is more about the commercialization of spirituality and trying to become "spiritual" in this "fast food" kind of way...there's nothing fast about it...it's different paths one takes towards a long (and often times difficult) journey of inner reflection, etc.

also, there's something kinda creepy and not cool about white, western culture appropriating (or in fascination) with "attaining" spirituality via other cultures...

but then again, that's just my view on it.

2:40 AM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

ps. having said that tho - I'm all about coincidences and signs! I feel if you are open to the changes in your life or simply letting life happen, then you are open to noticing the coincidences around you...and I see coincidences as signs telling you, you're on the right path...just keep doing what you're doing...etc.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.