Jun 2, 2006













Radical Mutant Power Beeyatch!

It's not really shocking that most of the "bad" mutants in X-Men III are young, angry people of color, with piercings and tattoos. I don't want to get into the race, class and gender analysis of the film/storyline; nor do I want to talk about discriminatory stereotypes of youth. It's so damn obvious and I'm sure someone out there in cyberspace has already done it.

The point I would like to make is that the radical mutants are by far much hotter than the liberal ones (i.e. the X-Men). Their radical politics aside, they are just too damn sexy with their tattoos, dyed hair, black leather gear, piercings, and badass attitudes...

Just look at the photo above. Need I say more?

6 Comments:

Blogger brownfemipower said...

i love the tatoo on the middle chick's boobs! hmmm, i wonder where that thing goes?

10:25 PM  
Blogger animeg said...

I thought the bad mutants all being people of color made the bad side more awesome than the good side. I was certainly cheering more for Magneto's mutants.

7:01 PM  
Blogger rabfish said...

LOL

Yeah man, the radicals are always tattooed people of color with syle ;)

12:34 AM  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

I dig your point. I would love to go to that rally and help with some of that anger. We ALL could have worked it out. I am sure the X-Men were looking like..."nothing personal, but whacha doing after this scene?" I would have had a Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Brad and Angelina) relationship started on set with my sexual self. Sistah Lavender would have been all up in the mags with all three girls at the same time,...Okay!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Abdul-Halim V. said...

I actually did write a little about some of that obvious stuff you alluded to. And if the mutants in general are outsiders, it is pretty clear that magneto is like the mutant malcolm x (radical side) and that hot radical women of color would sympathize more.

12:16 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

abdul-halim, I read your post and gotta say nice nice nice. I had read that piece by morpheus reloaded a little while back and liked it a lot...quite on point and definitely informative.

i actually wasn't a follower of the x-men comics but from what I heard, the radical women of color characters in the movie version - such as Callisto - were not women of color in the comics...well, at least I know Callisto wasn't for sure...

so I wonder what was the motivation for picking Dania Ramirez to play the part?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I was hella happy they picked her for the role, ummm...she is quite pleasant to look at (!) and she kicks ass a Callisto.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.