Feb 3, 2006

Ok, there's definitely some wierd shit going on with my blog...I've edited this post a number of times in attempts to get my blurb about Sade and her Lover's Rock album on here...but for some reason, it's deleting whatever I write!! So, i'll try this again...
Just wanted to draw attention to Sade's Lover's Rock album because I feel it's one of her underrated albums...to me it's got some of her best work in terms of its emotional rawness and intensity...really taps into some deep layers through the sounds and lyrics...
Most of her albums have resonted with a particular transitional phase in my life, and Lover's Rock is the one i'm feeling the most at this point in time...so i've picked it up again, and been listening to it...
I'm posting part of the lyrics for one my favorite tracks on the album...

King of Sorrow (by Sade)

I'm crying everyone's tears
And there inside our private
war I died the night before
And all of these remnants
of joy and disaster
What am I supposed to do
I want to cook you a soup that
warms your soul
But nothing would change
nothing would change at all
It's just a day that brings
it all about
Just another day
And nothing's any good

The DJ's playing the
same song
I have so much to do
I have to carry on
I wonder if this grief will
ever let me go
I feel like
I am the king
of sorrow
The king of sorrow

7 Comments:

Blogger El Mahboob said...

Feelin' that. Lover's Rock was a pleasant surprise return from an artist many thought was done years earlier. I remember a massive Roy Thomson Hall concert in '92... she made that cool venue feel very warm.)

Stronger Than Pride was the album for me, the quintessensual, maximum chill-groove, grab yo' honey moment. But every album of hers is solid.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was my favorite song on that album. The video was just as beautiful and evocative of the longer for more, for something better for yourself and your loved ones. The song and the video are forever linked in my mind.

12:54 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

kalimba, i don't know if you got the original intro blurb i'd written to this posting...but i'd mentioned how Stronger Than Pride was one of my favorites...but you're right they're all solid! she's so damn talented.
dustdaughter, i actually haven't seen the video...sounds like it captures the essence of the track...I really should see it!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger brownfemipower said...

on your advice, i'm gonna download this album...I have heard a lot of people talking about sade, but I have never listened...

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, coincidence?!? I just downloaded this song from Itunes-- before I read this, that is! Between this and Cuba-- u r freaking me out.

1:01 AM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

LOL - we're on the same fricken vibe!!! ;)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No KIDDING! I enjoy sharing my vibes with you :)

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.