Feb 7, 2006

Cuba Si?

Have you ever had this sudden urge to say "fuck it", take all the money you've been saving, go online, check last minute deals to some far away place and just take off for a week or two, or maybe more?

Not worrying about your commitments (whatever they may be),
Not caring about what others will say,
Not freaking out about "what will I do when I get back and have no money or job?"
Simply
not
giving
a damn.

Hmmmm...that thought had me going for about a half hour earlier tonight...I was thinking a backpack, my guitar and cuba...ok, minus the guitar (who am I kidding?)...and also backpacks aren't really my thing...I mean where would I put all the hair-removal devices to soothe my internalized (brown-girl-hairiness) issues? And besides, would they even let me take a backpack with all that shit in it on the plane (you know, security precautions and all, just in case the crazy, eye-ranian woman tries anything funny)? I can just see it, "I'm sorry miss, but we're gonna have to confiscate the epilady, the tweezers, the wax strips, the threads, the nair cream, and the shavers.

It's nice to day dream though. The long, cold winter months really put me in a funk...and when you stir in a tablespoon of personal issues, and another spoonful of current global politics, well then you definitely need some form of escape...even if the fantasy lasts for a few minutes.

I even went as far as checking my calendar...

Reality Check:
Need to get a job.
Living off savings = not good.

Pues, Cuba si?
Ummm...Cuba no.

7 Comments:

Blogger brownfemipower said...

hee hee PQ, I tried to let MY brown girl hairy self say fuck it and grow that hair OUT...I got hair more hair growing on my chin than my hairy ass grandpa, I got a mustache as thick as a goat, and my eye brows came in so thick that I could pull them down, pull my eyelashes up, and they could touch each other!!!!!!! haha...
on a differnt note, it is weird to here that going to cuba is an actual possibility...I would love to go to cuba, but I don't even know if americans are *allowed*...

10:18 AM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

i wish I could say fuck it! i really do! i hear ya on the chin hair girl, i'm right there with you. :)
I take it for granted that we can go to cuba from here...i don't think americans are "allowed", but a lot of them go via Canada.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Fabiola said...

or Mexico--my partner and I were planning a trip a few years ago from Cancun--it is possible. But, but still risky. We stayed in Cancun.

Cuba is on my top five list of places to visit. Oh and daydreaming is good!

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES, YES, YES!!! I HEAR YOU!! U HEAR ME!!! Thank you for saying all those things!! Cuba 4 u 2? Strange .... Cuba 4 me 2! I had a strange feeling of a warmish Aix-en-Provence wind blowing through the trees and on my neck too, however, one can travel to Aix with a baby-- right? ... if one ever had the money to travel with a bay... This is a rant. I shall stop. Just wanted to say, I hear you!

12:58 AM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

of course one can travel with a baby! yes yes yes! it would be so nice to go to Aix with a little one! it would make the trip even more special :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger bint alshamsa said...

My goodness! How I hate to hear people pronounce it "eye-ran"! Thank you for reminding me how much I hate that flat pronunciation.

By the way, I'm totally with you on the pack your bags and hit the road feeling. Damascus or Marrakesh would be the ultimate destination for me.

7:33 PM  
Blogger pomegranate queen said...

Marrakesh!! That is definitly the ultimate destination...ahh, someday inshalla. :)

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.